Sunday 9 November 2014

WAIMARINO



From my perch above the water I watched as crowds of loud noisy children swarmed into the Waimarino Adventure Park yelling excitedly at each other. Then the noise started to fade as the teachers settled the hypoactive children. The large group headed down to the far end of the park out of my sight. Ten minutes later the children came back in crowds disappearing into the small changing room then coming out dressed in togs, wetsuits, thermals and more.

After that I watched kids plunge into the dark murky water the flinging their arms about paddling like mad to reach the shore. Once they had all done their supposed swim test they scattered in different directions to the other activities. I watched as people swung off the platform holding onto the rope then falling in to the water yelling and making a fuss. Also, I stared as the kids came flying from no where on mats and in kayaks. I laughed as kids fought each other on the gladiator pole shoving each other to make them fall off. I watched as kids flew into the air only to come strait back down into the water. I also observed the kids who did back flips off my cold solid back.

Later on I watched as the kids climbed into the kayaks and paddled out onto the calm lake. Then some of the children tried to stand up but they ended up falling into the water. Then they made a large circle out of kayaks while the instructor gave them instructions.

When they came back they when down to the tent got their gear and came back to get changed then just like they had suddenly arrived they left.  

No comments:

Post a Comment