Sunday 2 June 2013

My Exhibition Reveiw

Today I went to the Tauranga art gallery to review an exhibition called The State of the House and it was painted by a lady called Raye Catran and was about how house are architecturally similar but they all show there personalities through the small differences like trampolines or boats and things like that. Raye Catran grew up in Tauranga and then went and studied in Auckland. My favorite painting was a painting called Cul de Sac because the different houses reminded me of some of my friends and families houses like one of the houses looked like my house because in its back yard there was a tramp and a slide and another one that reminded me of my friends house Jon and Jackie because it had a pizza over and a table out side.
The paintings were all painted between 2008-2013.
With her artwork she always puts things that are kiwi-ana in them so you know ti is from NZ

Here is a link to the art gallery link: Link

No comments:

Post a Comment