Sunday 14 September 2014

AIMS Games Multisport


Photo

Photo





Last week I was competing in AIMS Games which is a huge international sporting event. It is an event for kids in years 7-8 (intermediate). AIMS Games is held in Tauranga. I was competing in multisport which is just one of the many sports of offer at this event. Multisport is like a triathlon but instead of swimming you kayak instead. I came 30th out of 46 people with a time of 40.56 minutes. This race is said to be one of the most challenging events in all of AIMS Games. Before we got into the team we had to go through a trial of all the skills needed in the race. I was really excited when I got in but I always knew it was going to be a challenge. My two coaches Mr Hart and Sam were awesome and they helped us to reach our full potential. My favourite moment in the race was when I crossed the finish line and my friend Anneliese came rushing up to me and gave me a hug. It was awesome to know that my friend was as excited as me. I would like to thank her and the many other people who helped to encourage me to finish the race. Up above are some photos of me during the race taken by my teacher.

















No comments:

Post a Comment